December 09, 2010

The End of Us

Anniversary

It was a good day

The Clouds were hiding

And the Sun was lying

But as Day left

Things began to fall apart

You wouldn’t smile

I was sorry I told you

You wouldn’t speak

I was sorry I spoke

Then you screamed

Crash

All I can remember was leaving

Then waking up

To the smell of smoke

In a car which was destroyed

I could not find you

But I saw people

So much noise

I tried to move

But I was paralyzed

Funeral

They would not let me see you

They said it would be better

If I remembered you the way you were

The way you were

Shy,

But loud

Short,

And thin

Mine,

But not

The last thing I said to you

I guess I should be glad

You left knowing

I told you

I meant it

I loved you

I

Love

you

Weeks later

I am forgetting your

Everything

Your smell

Your voice

Your laughs

And your personality

How you

Screamed

Laughed

And cried

Somehow

I don’t miss

Them

What took your place

Dreams of you

Haunting

Thoughts of you

Invisible

Guilt takes your place

I met someone

Someone unlike you

Someone I need

Someone alive

No comments:

Post a Comment