March 07, 2011

About the sonnets

Well for my Poetry Class I have to write a poem everyday, but I don't have enough time to do that. So I got a bit carried away, and wrote 4 write now.

Lifted Or The Sonnet Is In The Soil Keep Your Ear To The Ground is kind of a found poem, because I took lines from almost every song from Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil Keep Your Ear To The Ground by Bright Eyes. Of course I added things my self, and made it make a tad of sense.

Dejala was created by putting my itunes on shuffle and putting titles of songs into a poem.

123 is also like a found poem, because half the lines were derived from lines from 7 different books, while the other half were from my head.

234 is a collage poem that came out of this poem that I wrote, but did not like:

When the sun dances high

Burning my fucking eye

Block the rays with my arms

But failure brings me harm

Block the rays with some shades

But only little does it fade

So I give up, and keep strutting along

Thinking about some random song

Wondering how horrible this day will go

Because this poem does not even know

How horrible of days I’ve had before

How my life is such a big bore

But it’s okay in the end

Totally godsend

Because things have to get better

Maybe I’ll find a nice sweater

Right, life just has to get swell

But for now all I know is farewell


Yep, that's where those came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment