July 30, 2009

Elizabeth and Anthony.

There was once a girl, that loved a boy. The girl was short, the boy was tall. She always waved hello, he never saw a thing. She always said goodbye, he never heard a thing. She felt invisible, but to him she was. She was perfect, so was he, except for the fact that he was blind and he was depth, never to hear his breath. She was stubborn, never gave up on those waves and those goodbyes. Until the day she got so mad, she screamed, she moved franticly and then she pushed him. Then for the first time he noticed her, for the first time she noticed the faults. After this, she loved him more. She hugged him, he was confused, but he allowed the hug to be done. 
Soon, she never left his side, he began to really notice her, to dream of her. Then one day, when the sky  was gold, the Moon and Sun looked down on them. Enchanted by the girl's love for this boy they said a chant. A chant that went somewhat like this: "Now, Oh Now, the boy will see.  Now, Oh Now, the boy will hear. Now, Oh Now, the boy will love. Now, Oh Now, it has begun." Then for first time in his youthful memory, the boys eyes turned green. For the first time, he saw the girl that loved him so. She noticed this, giggling with joy. He heard this, the first thing he had heard with his new ears. Then he spoke, for the first time, just like magic. "It's a miracle. You're my miracle. I have lived 18 years, and in those 18, I don't recall ever hearing, ever seeing and ever even speaking." he took a pause, to look at her "Now look at me, I am doing all of three of those. All at once, and it's marvelous. Just marvelous. I can't help but think, that it, this miracle, was all because of you. I have felt your hugs, I have wondered who you were. All I ever did was think nonsense, then you came along and I thought of you. What's your name?" In a sweet little voice she spoke "My name is Elizabeth, and I have known... seen you for years. I have loved you since the moment I first saw you. Though I loved you more when I realized you were not ignoring me just to be a jerk, but because I was truly was invisible to you. Now I might love you more, now that I am dream to you. Now that my dreams came true." At this moment, he put his hand on her mouth. "Shh, please. My name is, oh I remember now... It's Anthony. Oh, now I remember clearly. I lost my senses when I was four. Yes, I was four. The day I ran away. I fell you see." He had a dreamy tone to him, a wise one. "I fell down a well, a very short well, but a well. Gladly, it was very shallow. I was there for days. I panicked, I feared, and I stayed in the dark, in the silence until they found me. All I remember is someone taking me out of there, someone hugging me tight. Hugging me like you did that first day. Hugging me, like you found what was missing. See, you are my dream. I am glad you noticed that, I am glad I am your dream. I am glad to say that, I love you."  So they hugged, hugged for they now held the missing piece. The piece of  their heart, of their dreams and life. 





1 comment: