May 31, 2009

Hiding

working all night
till my sockets fall in
drink some coffee
keep me awake
I need to not sleep
40 more to go
I am almost to the finish line
coffee is too hot
burn my lip tonight
this makes no sense
well glad to know
If I put my head down
the dreams can find me
I have to stay hidden 
I will keep my head up 
HIGH
my mother sleeps on my bed
my father sleeps in his bed
my brother runs on a treadmill 
I sit here working 
Studying
because I need to be smart
 I need to make them proud 
the one sleeping on my bed
the one sleeping on theirs
the one running away from fat
I have to keep them proud
I am a smart ass
One with ignorance
I must decrease that ignorance
for them
but partly for me
so now I hide from dreams
sitting here 
and studying all night
 

No comments:

Post a Comment